The Canadian Intern Association is a not-for-profit organization that aims to improve internship experiences. We were founded in 2012 and incorporated in 2013. Our work focuses on law reform, education, and research. The Canadian Intern Association is able to accomplish its goals thanks to the hard work our dedicated Executive Team, strategic advice from our Board of Directors, and thoughtful collaboration with our Partners.
- Policy Proposals – We are a non-partisan organization that prepares Policy Proposals and participates in provincial and federal government consultations to lobby for improved workplace rights for interns
- Government Relations – We meet with politicians, policy advisors and civil servants to discuss how labour markets and labour regulations affect interns
- Legislative Drafting – We advise provincial and federal politicians aiming to improve intern rights with government and private member legislation
- Factsheets – We are currently developing Factsheets on intern rights that serve as an educational tool for students, interns and employers
- Media Coverage – We promote education, law reform and research on internships by appearing in local, national and international media (check out our press pages)
- Talks – We regularly give presentations on intern rights at conferences and on college and university campuses
- The Wall – We draw attention to problematic internships on our Wall of Shame and celebrate positive internship programs on our Wall of Fame
- Research Projects – We encourage students to explore issues surrounding internships by supporting their research and projects in areas like filmmaking, political science, law, journalism, and graphic design
- Publications – We assist Masters students, PhD candidates and professors with their research regarding interns in Canada and internationally
To support our work, kindly Donate or get involved by emailing our Executive Director at Will@internassociation.ca.